It is possible to use our web pages without providing personal data. If you would like to access more detailed information about particular topics, we may need to process personal data. If the processing of personal data is necessary and there is no legal basis for such processing (e.g., performance of a contractual agreement), we will ask for your consent.
In this notice, we will inform you about what data we collect about you, how we use it and how you can raise an objection to the use of the data.
Who collects and processes your personal data?
Deutsche Bahn AG, Potsdamer Platz 6, 10785 Berlin, is the responsible body for the collection and processing of your data.
The appointed privacy officer is Ms. Dr. Marein Mueller.
If you have questions or suggestions regarding data protection and the Marketing Portal, please contact:
Deutsche Bahn AG
Marketing Technologies & Analytics (GNM 11)
Potsdamer Platz 6
What information do we collect and why are we processing your information?
We collect and process your data for specific purposes only, which may relate to technical necessities, contractual requirements or explicit user wishes.
For technical reasons, certain data must be collected and saved when you visit the Marketing Portal. This includes the date and duration of your visit, the web pages used, identifying data about the browser and type of operating system you use and the web page you are visiting us from.
In detail, this includes:
We want to give you an easy way to contact us. If you send an e-mail to the contact provided, we save your name and e-mail address in order to answer your request and process correspondence. The legal basis is Art. 6 (1) (f) of the GDPR.
Logging into the portal using the login provided gives you access to more detailed informational pages about brand management and the corporate design of Deutsche Bahn and allows you to download work data, such as logos. We process your login information in order to provide these services. If you log in as an employee of the DB Group, we process your BKU system login data used for single sign-on at the Group. The legal basis is Art. 6 (1) (b) of the GDPR and Section 26 of the German Federal Data Protection Act.If logging in from outside of the DB Group, we collect and save the login data you enter on the login page. The legal basis is Art. 6 (1) (b) of the GDPR.
Do we share your data with other parties?
Contract processing generally requires the use of direct-reporting contract processors, such as data center operators, printing and shipping service providers, and other parties involved in contract performance.
External service providers who work on our behalf are carefully selected by us and are subject to strict contractual obligation. The service providers operate in accordance with our instructions, and this is secured through stringent contractual provisions, technical and organizational measures and additional monitoring.
Furthermore, your data will only be transferred if you have provided your explicit consent on the basis of a legal provision.
Personal data will not be transferred to third countries outside the EU or EEA or to an international organization unless appropriate safeguards are in place. These include the EU standard contractual clauses as well as an adequacy decision by the EU Commission.
How long is your data stored?
We store your data only for as long as is necessary to fulfill the purpose for which the data was collected (for example in the context of a contractual relationship), or to comply with legal requirements. For example, when there is a contractual relationship, we save your data at least until such time as the contract has terminated completely. Thereafter, the data will be stored for the retention period required by law.
What rights do users of the Marketing Portal have?
- You can request information on what data we store about you.
- You can request the correction, deletion and blocking of your personal data as long as this is permitted by law and possible within the scope of an existing contractual relationship.
- You have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority. The supervisory authority responsible for Deutsche Bahn AG is the Berlin Commissioner for Data Security and Freedom of Information (Berliner Beauftragter für Datenschutz und Informationsfreiheit), Friedrichstr.219, 10969 Berlin, Germany, e-mail: email@example.com
- You have the right to portability of the data which you have provided to us based on a declaration of consent or a contract (data portability).
- If you have granted us your consent for data processing, you can withdraw it at any time in the same manner in which you granted it. Any processing of your personal data that took place from the time at which you granted your consent to the time at which you withdrew it will still be considered to have been lawful.
- You have the right to object, on grounds relating to your particular situation, to the processing of personal data if the data is processed based on our legitimate interest or is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest.
To exercise your rights, you simply need to send a letter to Deutsche Bahn AG, GNM 11, Potsdamer Platz 6, 10785 Berlin, Germany, or an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Update to the data protection notice
We update this data protection notice to reflect modified functionality or changes to legal situations. We therefore recommend that you review the data protection notice periodically. If your consent is required or elements of the data protection notice contain provisions regarding the contractual relationship with you, changes are made only with your consent.
Last modified on December 09, 2022]